"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives." — C.D. Payne
"So don't weep for me now, my friends, because science insists that I have not died.
Energy just always changes state and I refuse to believe that human consciousness is the sole exception to this universal law."
- Mark Millar
"Do only butterflies die in flames? What about those devoured by the flames within them?" - E.M. Cioran

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

All Texas, No Teixeira

CJ Wilson and CC Sabathia square off in about an hour, in what will hopefully be the last Yankees game of the season.  Mark Teixiera will not be in uniform.  In fact, Big Teix's season is over, thanks to a strained right hamstring (wuss).  The Yankees removed the slugging first baseman from their roster today, replacing him with some scrub infielder (Eduardo Nunez?).  The roster move dictates that even if the Bombers advance to the series, Mark Teixeira will not be eligible.  Still, the Yankees being the bleepin' Yankees, the replacement at first is Lance Berkman.  By that I mean .296 career hitter, 327 homers, & a .954 OPS.  Yeah, right.  No unfair advantage or anything.  I hope to be toasting their demise in about 4.5.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment