"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives." — C.D. Payne
"So don't weep for me now, my friends, because science insists that I have not died.
Energy just always changes state and I refuse to believe that human consciousness is the sole exception to this universal law."
- Mark Millar
"Do only butterflies die in flames? What about those devoured by the flames within them?" - E.M. Cioran

Friday, October 22, 2010

Couldn't They Hire Will Ferrell Instead?

RedSox pitching coach and former Indians pitcher and farm director, John Farrell has emerged as the front runner to fill the Blue Jays managerial vacancy.  On one hand this would mean the Tribe's retention of first base coach and fan favorite, Sandy Alomar Jr.  Unfortunately, it would also entail losing out on a bright, impassioned baseball mind with strong ties to the organization.  I've been screaming for Farrell since the beginning of '09, but the Indians approached him during the middle of a BoSox playoff run last year.  Thus, Cleveland is once again the friggin' bridesmaid.  Mark my words, John Farrell will be successful in Toronto, and we will all regret not making a bolder push for his services.  And I'm sure Rojo Johnson would love a crack at big league managing.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment