"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives." — C.D. Payne
"So don't weep for me now, my friends, because science insists that I have not died.
Energy just always changes state and I refuse to believe that human consciousness is the sole exception to this universal law."
- Mark Millar
"Do only butterflies die in flames? What about those devoured by the flames within them?" - E.M. Cioran

Friday, November 19, 2010

Golden Choo

South Korea defeated Taiwan 9-3 today to win baseball gold at the 2010 Asian Games.  Who cares, right?  We do!  Shin Soo Choo's participation on the gold medal team serves to exempt him from military service.  Thus, Choo's career will not be interrupted by the mandatory 2 year hitch that all South Korean males must undertake before the age of 30.  Even better, I never have to hear about this ridiculous topic again.  The only downside is that it supersedes my plan to send Andy Marte in Choo's stead.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Best post yet on the blog. This isn't even on cleveland.com.

    ReplyDelete