"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives." — C.D. Payne
"So don't weep for me now, my friends, because science insists that I have not died.
Energy just always changes state and I refuse to believe that human consciousness is the sole exception to this universal law."
- Mark Millar
"Do only butterflies die in flames? What about those devoured by the flames within them?" - E.M. Cioran

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Adding Injury to Insult

Andy's done for the season with a a torn tendon in his right ankle. Some seasons are dreams; this is a nightmare. It would be difficult to imagine any scenario more disheartening for Cavaliers fans than what has actually occurred. The 7-9 start raised our hopes to near mythic level. Could we actually win without LeBrat? Answer? A resounding NO! 19 of 20 kids, the Cavs have lost 19 of their last 20 games. Now the future becomes considerably more bleak, not so much because Varejao in unavailable to play, but rather due to the fact that he can no longer fetch any trade return to help Dan Gilbert et al build to the future. At this point I cannot begin to imagine what comes next. Given that Arizona thing, I'm waiting for someone to nuke the Q. Hi Homeland! ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment