"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives." — C.D. Payne
"So don't weep for me now, my friends, because science insists that I have not died.
Energy just always changes state and I refuse to believe that human consciousness is the sole exception to this universal law."
- Mark Millar
"Do only butterflies die in flames? What about those devoured by the flames within them?" - E.M. Cioran

Thursday, January 13, 2011

No, Not That Soriano

I freakin' hate the Yankees.  The first fundamental truth that I understood about life, and think this happened at about 2 years old, was that I hated the Yankees.  It is the tautology upon which all of tangential understanding have been built.  If I could manipulate the media I would somehow blame 9/11 on the Yankees.  That would be... Wicked Awesome.

On to the news... the Evil Empire has inked closer Rafael Soriano to a 3-yr, $35mil contract.  Things could change, but one would expect Soriano to slide into set-up responsibilities until Hall of Gamer Mariano Rivera retires.  Given how useful Kerry Wood was the Bombers in the second half of 2010, I would image Rafael sloting into the same role.  Screw the Yankees.

If the Buckeyes can survive Penn State on Saturday they would jump to a #1 ranking thanks to Duke's loss last night against Florida State.

Cam Newton will enter the NFL draft.  OK State wideout Justin Blackmon will not.

The latest rumor has Carmelo Anthony headed to the Knicks in a three team trade that would send OJ Mayo from the Grizzlies to the Nuggets.  We'll see.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment