"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives." — C.D. Payne
"So don't weep for me now, my friends, because science insists that I have not died.
Energy just always changes state and I refuse to believe that human consciousness is the sole exception to this universal law."
- Mark Millar
"Do only butterflies die in flames? What about those devoured by the flames within them?" - E.M. Cioran

Monday, May 16, 2011

Clarity Of Purpose

Quite of bit of the time I find myself wandering in a haze of unincorporated angst and misery.  Meandering without direction, I soon become truly lost and absolutely unable to attain any of the arbitrary goals that I had set for myself along the way.  Every now and again I'll have an epiphany that will facilitate focus over a short term.  I will recommit myself to some ideal or endgame etc.  It now seems to me that I have been treating the symptom rather than the cause.  Regardless of how long I might have been able to persevere, the relative unimportance of these secondary goals inevitably results in only mild success at best.  The issue has been the absence of a singular primary that each and every decision could be made toward the attainment of.  I'm not quite ready to tell what my raison d'etre is, but consistently making choices toward the acquisition of the all-important will lead to more tangible results.

We shall see. ;-j

No comments:

Post a Comment