"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives." — C.D. Payne
"So don't weep for me now, my friends, because science insists that I have not died.
Energy just always changes state and I refuse to believe that human consciousness is the sole exception to this universal law."
- Mark Millar
"Do only butterflies die in flames? What about those devoured by the flames within them?" - E.M. Cioran

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Keep It In Perspective

Someone said that to me today.  The back of my chair had fallen out and I had blundered backwards.  The entire room swiveled to gape at me, mouth-breathing maws wide open.  In the process of encouraging them to return to their business and right myself an errant elbow knocked over a can of soda, prompting a string of obscenities to fly from me.  The elder statesman quipped that I should watch my mouth.  When I replied how massively irrelevant "proper" language is, the "try to keep it in perspective" comment was received.

Keep what in motherfucking perspective?  The goddamn Buddhists have it right: this is all pain, all suffering.  That is the nature of human existence.  I tried Buddhism once, briefly.  While the tenants seem phenomenally adroit at soothing a rampaging psyche, the lifestyle leaves little room for any sort of enjoyment.

I am so ungodly sick of trying to convince myself that any of this bullshit is worth a good goddamn.  You can have it, assholes.  Go get your shovels and cram some more shit into your over-stuffed mouths.

There is no meaning.  And I'm the one they say is crazy.

Fuck off.

1 comment: