"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives." — C.D. Payne
"So don't weep for me now, my friends, because science insists that I have not died.
Energy just always changes state and I refuse to believe that human consciousness is the sole exception to this universal law."
- Mark Millar
"Do only butterflies die in flames? What about those devoured by the flames within them?" - E.M. Cioran

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

That's Right Ya Freakin' Prudes

So, like, sometimes I present the purely philosophical argument that the 16 to 18 year old ages of consent across the US are just a touch puritanical.  In fact, I wrote a bit on the subject awhile back.  Today, we briefly examine Europe...


Note that I did not create these memes and that I searched them out based on visual stimulation rather than wit and wisdom.  Anyway, let's get started.  Ohio's age of consent is 16 (again, why did no one tell me this until 2011!) as is that of England.  The whole friggin' country.  Jolly Ho!


How's about France?  I visited once, totally unaware that l'âge du consentement is a perky 15. 




We're not nearly finished.  In Germany, the frauleins are free at 14.  The same is true in my Hungarian homeland.  I feel a trip to the fatherland coming on.









And our magical mystery tour comes to a close on the Iberian peninsula where the Spaniards allow their joven out to play at the quasi-fantastical age of 13.  Me encanta España!




Was all of this a thinly veiled excuse to post this series of pictures to stir up the conservatives and pep up my compatriots?  Well....  yeah, but the info is interesting regardless.

Cheers and happy fuckin' belated 2012 bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment