"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives." — C.D. Payne
"So don't weep for me now, my friends, because science insists that I have not died.
Energy just always changes state and I refuse to believe that human consciousness is the sole exception to this universal law."
- Mark Millar
"Do only butterflies die in flames? What about those devoured by the flames within them?" - E.M. Cioran

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Love the White Stuff, Baby (In the Middle Of An Oreo)

Alex White will indeed start for the Indians on Saturday.

With that mystery solved we can move on to speculating who might be dropped from the 40-man roster to accommodate White.  Earlier, I suggested Jess Todd as the most likely candidate.  After discounting the 25 men currently in the majors, the three on the DL and those I would qualify as prospects (De La Cruz, Judy, Hagadone, Kluber, McAllister, Rondon, Carrera, Weglarz) only four names remain: Todd, Luis Valbuena, Travis Buck and David Huff.  Any of them is a possibility, although I still contend Todd is the best option.

Another scenario would involve the Tribe moving either Hector Rondon or Nick Weglarz, both of whom are injured and rehabbing in extended spring training, to the 60-day DL.  As was made evident by the Jared Goedert move, the Indians are not averse to the downsides: accumulation of MLB service time and payment of a big league salary.  Even so, I would put my money on a Todd DFA.

Let's try to focus on the game now.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment