"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives." — C.D. Payne
"So don't weep for me now, my friends, because science insists that I have not died.
Energy just always changes state and I refuse to believe that human consciousness is the sole exception to this universal law."
- Mark Millar
"Do only butterflies die in flames? What about those devoured by the flames within them?" - E.M. Cioran

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Quest Called Tribe

And I thought that Jeff Francis was like batting practice.  He has nothing on Kyle DaviesChoo (.250!) homered.  Then Santana (.192) went deep.  Next, Grady (.390!) left the yard.  By the time that Shelly Duncan (.348!) blasted the fourth dinger of the game, the rout was officially on.  Btw, I could have hit that beach ball out.  A tri-fecta of doubles later (including Sizemore's 8th and another from the Jack Attack) and Davies was sulking in the dugout.  I knew this KC team couldn't be for real.  It's called regressing to the mean.

'Twas more than enough for Fausto Carmona.  Bouncing back from a true stinker against the Twins, Fausto threw just 86 pitches over seven innings, 60 of them for strikes.  He 2-hit the Royals through six and finished allowing five hits and two runs.  More than any start that I have seen since, he looked like the Carmona of '07.  And that, my friends, is a good thing.

I will tell you what, these guys believe.  They're loose, they're confident and they're playing like winners.  The front office is on board as exemplified by the chutzpah of bringing up Alex White.  The dugout is full of smiles and the boys are having fun.  I've mentioned the infield defense before, but enough cannot be said.  Where they were merely a set of solid fielders on opening day, they are a unit now.  They're anticipating and complimenting each other.  What do we call that?  Teamwork.

In case you're wonder, Travis Hafner (.342) was a late scratch with right ankle inflammation.  Pronk will have an MRI on Friday.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Before I go, a shout out to Jack TheMan-ahan.  In the span of a month, he has gone from my the bane of my existence to my favorite Indian.  The man plays the game the way it was meant to be played.  He has great fundamentals and has put in the work to contribute significantly with the stick (.290, 4 HR, 12 RBI, SB).  His attitude and ethic have been infectious and the team, it is a rollin'.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment